June 17, 2009

Update

Ok, where do I begin? I have been so bad at updating my blog - all due to training, work, coaching, eating, sleeping, and repeating. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining but I have just been bad about updating my blog and lately housework. I am really a clean freak but with increased training volume, Ang has told me I have to "let it go" for the next 3months (hope my parents understand when they visit next month!).

So, on the Tri It front, the store has been busy and I love it! I get to see so many of my friends all the time! Don't tell Brian I hardly consider hanging out at the store all day talking about triathlon work. Ha!

On the coaching front. My athletes are in race season now and doing well. I am so proud of them all and many of them have been racing hard, overcoming fears and having fun being in the sport of triathlon. I may have mentioned before that I also helped coach some KOS (Kids of Steel) camps which I loved! Here is a picture of one of my athletes and I at the Footstock KOS race last Sunday (LEFT). Probably one of the coolest kids I know! I was the swim captain for the race and it was great to see a number of the kids that I did the camp with race (RIGHT). They all did so amazing! I am again so proud. Swim coaching and my run clinic all end next week. I am sad but a bit excited to be able to focus a bit more energy to my Ironman training. Oh, and in case I forgot the Aquathon (swim/run) we put on 2 weeks ago went really well. No catastrophes, everyone had fun and we plan on doing it again next year. The big success of the day was that all the kids had fun and succeeded.

On the training and racing front. I am tired. Ang is happy about that and wants me to race tired this weekend for the Chinook Olympic. "great!" I am thrilled about it as you can tell. I raced last weekend at the Footstock 10km. My legs were tired but I ran as hard as I could to a 49:35. Although it is 2 minutes off my PR I promised my self I would be happy with anything sub-50 after not training hard on the run due to my stress fractures. I raced without pain, was pain free post-race and pain free the next day!!! BIG SUCCESS! Yeah!! Ross took this great picture of me during the 10km last weekend. Although I am suffering - alot - I actually really like it. Thanks Ross!

Ok, I know that is a short crappy update (and I am tired and have to go to bed now) but I will try to update more regularly and maybe even get a race report up from this upcoming weekend at Chinook....

3 comments:

Runner Leana said...

The pic of you from Footstock is awesome! You look so speedy. Good luck this weekend!

Downhillnut said...

I'm loving the blurry background pic too. How do you move so FAST! Pain free racing (stress-fracture-wise) is GREAT.

Another thing to let go of while you are letting go of the housekeeping - blogger's guilt. No calling your posts crappy, because we like it when you post. And no feeling guilty for not blogging. It should be something you enjoy sharing, like talking tri at the store all day :)

runningman said...

Great to see your training is going well, good luck in the half this weekend!!