Other noteworthy news in my world these days are:
- I raced a few MTB races early season but got injured after crashing hard and was off for about 3 weeks. I did my first endure and spent longer on my MTB (or any bike for that matter) than I had before, 7 hours and 50 minutes!
- I have left Team TriLife as a coach and will be on my own. I want to follow my own passion. it is a good move and I am still close friends with all from TTL.
- I did Ironman Canada again. It was a tough day, but a great day!
- I did the Bow 80 (http://bow80.com) I have always wanted to do it with lousy weather it has been cancelled the past few years. It was a beautiful sunny day and although I more participated than raced as I was only 3 weeks post Ironman, it was a great experience. These guys put on a great race.
- I met Geoff Kabush - my MTB hero! I am friends with his sister but can never seem to connect when he is in town racing Nationals.
- Jeff and I went to Moab on vacation. It rained the whole time and was super cold (as in unlike Moab). Oh worked on my skills and on one trail Jeff couldn't believe I held his wheel the whole way down. And the fact that he was super proud of me made it even better. He loves that his wife is a tough MTB chick! I love watching him go down things I can't even begin to imagine how I would get down.
- We are remodelling our main floor. My patience is being tested when I can't even go into the kitchen. I don't like take out :(
- I raced my first cyclocross race and all I can say is I am addicted! It is 40 minutes of anaerobic hell but yep, so much fun!
Well, that is all of the major stuff for now. I am hoping that I am back on top of this now! I hope that this will also let friends and family know what I have been up to. I know that is one way Mom keeps up with me :)