November 10, 2011

Blog Slacker

Wow, it is hard to believe that it has been so long since I have blogged. Life has been busy. The store (Tri It Multisport) was extremely busy all summer as was coaching a number of athletes and training for Ironman Canada again! I will post soon about my day at IMC as I feel I learned a lot and it was an important day in my world.

Other noteworthy news in my world these days are:

  • I raced a few MTB races early season but got injured after crashing hard and was off for about 3 weeks. I did my first endure and spent longer on my MTB (or any bike for that matter) than I had before, 7 hours and 50 minutes!
  • I have left Team TriLife as a coach and will be on my own. I want to follow my own passion. it is a good move and I am still close friends with all from TTL.
  • I did Ironman Canada again. It was a tough day, but a great day!
  • I did the Bow 80 (http://bow80.com) I have always wanted to do it with lousy weather it has been cancelled the past few years. It was a beautiful sunny day and although I more participated than raced as I was only 3 weeks post Ironman, it was a great experience. These guys put on a great race.
  • I met Geoff Kabush - my MTB hero! I am friends with his sister but can never seem to connect when he is in town racing Nationals.



  • Jeff and I went to Moab on vacation. It rained the whole time and was super cold (as in unlike Moab). Oh worked on my skills and on one trail Jeff couldn't believe I held his wheel the whole way down. And the fact that he was super proud of me made it even better. He loves that his wife is a tough MTB chick! I love watching him go down things I can't even begin to imagine how I would get down.


  • We are remodelling our main floor. My patience is being tested when I can't even go into the kitchen. I don't like take out :( 
  • I raced my first cyclocross race and all I can say is I am addicted! It is 40 minutes of anaerobic hell but yep, so much fun!


Well, that is all of the major stuff for now.  I am hoping that I am back on top of this now! I hope that this will also let friends and family know what I have been up to. I know that is one way Mom keeps up with me :)

2 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Yeah!!! Welcome back Richelle!

Darin Armstrong said...

To: Richelle Love #Triathlon #Coach / #GM at 'Tri It Multisport'
From: Darin Armstrong #TeamLIVESTRONG

***Special #FollowFriday #Shoutout To: @CoachRichelle #Triathlon #Coach / #Xterra/ #MTB #Athlete / #GM at 'Tri It Multisport' - http://RichelleLove.blogspot.com

Hello Richelle,
The above is what your #Twitter #FollowFriday #Shoutout will look like this Friday should you do a 'mutual' following with me on twitter. If you want changes made above, not a problem. ('Smart Individual Marketing/PR')

Just a quick email to ask if you would be interested in a ‘mutual’ following on twitter that will benefit you. (Ex: I am providing 'Anytime’ #RT's for all #Ironman #Triathletes #Cyclists #UltraRunners #Marathoners #FitnessProfessionals who follow me on Twitter and have something important they want mentioned for support…Over 41K folks at your access...). I am currently following you now and am awaiting your follow-back...

All the very best to you & your family for the rest of 2013 & beyond Richelle. Look forward to hearing from you...

(PS. Richelle, should you follow back, I'll be giving you a 'Stand Alone' #FollowFriday #Shoutout including your 'website' this coming Friday...)

Darin
twitter.com/DarinArmstrong
#TeamLIVESTRONG