July 23, 2008

Tired Legs

Today, my legs are tired!

I saw a new chiropractor on Monday, Dr. Myles (Scott was booked!). He really worked on releasing my lower back and glute muscles. I am used to getting IMS and ART and being in alot of pain when I leave - this is a good thing though! Monday however, he did some ART in my glutes and IMS on my lower back and I didn't feel like he worked me too hard as I left. I was a little concerned....until I woke up the next day! I could feel it! Yeah! Usually, when I "feel it" that means we have released something and things start to feel better! Well, it worked as I ran last night and my IT-band was pain free!

Dr. Myles also has me doing lunges in some different planes - the goal being to strengthen my weak glutes enough so my IT-band doesn't have so many issues. So, after months of not doing any type of strength work, I started doing lunges and 1-leg squats in an effort to get my legs stronger and hopefully, injury free! So yesterday when I woke up although my legs felt slightly tired (and sore) I added a workout to my schedule. I did an hour on the elliptical (with some elevation on the elliptical) followed by another round of strength work. My legs definately felt that.

Well, last night I went to my regularily scheduled workout with Team TriLife. Angie (my coach) gave us one of the harest workouts in her repitoir. The workout is one of my favorites as it is so hard - even though I tell her I hate it! Unfortunately because of everything from Monday and that morning, I SUFFERED though the workout. We started off with a 2km run followed by, 3 x (6km HARD bike with 2km HARD run off the bike). The bike was the hardest for me as my quads and glutes just wouldn't let me pedal as hard as I wanted to. Let's just say last time we did this workout I pushed so hard I puked! I backed it off a bit today simply because I could only push as hard as my legs allowed.

So, needless to say, MY LEGS ARE TIRED!

1 comment:

Susi said...

puking dude?! you are a tri goddess!! lol.

you are going to have to show me the lunge routine!