July 31, 2008

Duathlete?

I have been finding it hard to get my swims in opting for a run, elliptical or bike session. Maybe I should be a duathlete? I have only swam twice since GWN! Opps! I do love swimming but biking and running have just sounded way more exciting lately. I still have 2 triathlons left; Strathmore Women's Triathlon and the Kelowna Apple Triathlon (this year it will be the Canadian National Triathlon Championships) - and yes those do invlove swimming. I better get my butt in the pool so, if anyone wants a "swim date" - I need one!

I have been loving my marathon training. I am still over 2 months away until the big day, but I am so excited about it. I saw Dr. Myles this week and he is happy with how my muscles have learned to "fire" with me doing all those lunges. However, my planta fasciitis has flared up again in a big way. Dr. Myles sent me for x-rays and we did see heel spurs on the films. Augh! It is very frustrating when you are trying to train for a marathon! As I sit here typing, I am icing my foot to try to calm down the inflamation.

This weekend my friend Lindsay and I are going to have "Linday and Richelle's Training Weekend". More details to follow but if you are looking to get some big rides in (long and slow) around 120km come join us.

2 comments:

Susi said...

julie and i are in for the big ride! maybe we should start swimming in Ghost Lake to get practice in for next year!

Downhillnut said...

See you at Strathmore, Richelle! Which reminds me, I need to come in and buy some tri-shorts...

I'd join you for a "nice long ride" but you're going about 6x as long as I need to go, ha!

All the best in your marathon training... and get in the pool!