August 26, 2008

Cheering on Ironman 2008


This weekend I went to Penticton to cheer on Team TriLife members during their IMC. It was a blast! Everyone did so well and came across the finish line vertical - and smiling! I got emotional a few times as certain people came across the finish line. Because I have been training with them I know how hard they have worked. I volunteered as finish line catcher and was able to "catch" many TTL athlete's and other friends. I loved seeing them right after they raced. If you ever are in Penticton watching the race, I highly recommend volunteering as a finish line catcher. I had a BLAST!!!!!! We danced, cheered and celebrated with the athlete's. I met some amazing people too! It was so much fun! (Check out: http://www.red-rider.ca/finishline/index.htm ). Lyle, the coordinator is super awesome and so much fun! He was dancing around with us!
Anyway, everyone I knew who raced was in great spirits and nobody seemed to be medically in trouble after they raced (although Cindy was acting like she was drunk and was being really funny!). I am so proud of everyone who reached their goals and made it through the 140.6 miles of swimming, biking and running. Way to go!

And yes, I was also there to sign-up for Ironman 2009! So.....circle August 30th, 2009 on your calendars and I will see you in Penticton next year!

No comments: