January 13, 2009

Fighting my way back

On Friday I went down for the count! Sick that is. I got up early for track practice feeling a bit tired and sniffly. I got to practice and did a 15 minute warm-up and felt OK. Ang and I started into our sets. Ang is faster than me but usually I can at least hang onto her for a few laps. The first fast set I hung on. The second I got dropped and jogged it in. On the third I jogged from the get-go and walked (yes walked) it in! I looked at Ang, "I think i have to go home". I crawled back into bed where I remained for the next 24 hours! I attempted to go to work the next day but got sent home after about 15 minutes (did I mention I sat in a chair staring at the wall during that time?). So, over the next few days I was confined to the couch staring longingly at my bike and runners.

Yesterday I managed an 20 minute run with one of my athlete's but still had trouble breathing. Today I am attempting the Bow Cycle workout and will hopefully be back up to speed by next week. The good news is that this week is a rest/easy week for me so I have less workouts than usual so I am not missing too many.

I also want o send out a huge congrats to TTL athlete Leana who PR'd her marathon last weekend by over 26 minutes! Outstanding!

3 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Thanks Richelle!!!! Hope you are feeling better, and I'll see you at Bow on Tuesday!

Unknown said...

Bow Cycle workouts? does this mean your going to do some Road Racing this year?

Susi said...

how ya feeling dude?!