December 17, 2008

I need to figure out how to skip sleeping.......

I can't believe I haven't blogged in almost 10 days. I would be giving all my blog friends heck if they went that long. The truth is I haven't enough hours in the day lately. Training is going great which is part of it. I am hitting all of my workouts (except when the Cochrane pool closed last Friday morning, so I missed one swim) and feeling great. My workouts are going so good. I am stronger on the bike than i have ever been, and faster in the water and on the track than ever before! I just hope this trend continues.

I have not gotten much Christmas shopping in however, and I am thankful malls are open late. I think I will have to go tonight after I teach cycling. I also have to do a bunch of grocery shopping, baking, and cleaning; as my folks are coming next Tuesday. I suppose I could miss a few workouts to get this all done but, I really don't like missing workouts. If I could just figure out how to add more hours into my day by avoiding sleeping, my problems would be solved! However, we endurance athletes need our sleep!

I also wanted to share what happened at cycling last night. I rushed from work to Bow Cycle for the TTL spin. I got there with only a few minutes to spare so I rushed as I threw my bike on the trainer, got dressed and went to get on my bike. Before I did though I realized I hadn't really eaten dinner and was hungry. There was no way I could make it through the workout without food. I usually have bars, gels, and other random food in my bag. I say usually because except for tonight, I do! I searched my bag several times for an energy bar or even a gel. Nothing! I did have M & M's but, I knew they wouldn't do the trick. But, that is all I had, so I grabbed a handful and headed to my bike. A few people asked what I was doing with a big handful of M &M's. "Dinner" (with a sigh) I said. At that moment, without hesitation, Frank quickly pulled out a bar from his Bento box. "Here you go, Richelle. I also have gels if you are still hungry after the bar". WOW! I was overwhelmed that he didn't even think about it. He just handed it over the second he heard I needed something. Thank-you Frank! I really would not have gotten through that workout on an empty stomach. It would have been my own fault but it is so nice to have great friends to bail you out when you need it. And for the record, his wife is just as nice and last night we made plans to trail run this summer!

And for the record, I do plan on putting on 2 - 3 pounds in the next week! Bring on the yummy Christmas-time food! Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You trail run with Keri, means you trail run with me. Keri and Frank run with our group. Which also means that you may want to ask Keri about her helicopter ride before you decide to come out.
;-) And I am not kidding.
alan