December 22, 2008

You are never gonna believe what I did!

Ha! Ha! The past few days have been a joke for training! I have been so busy trying to get ready for Christmas. been a little sick, enjoying being with friends and I guess just needed a little break from training hard. Let's see.... Friday I woke up and the cold I had been ignoring all week had finally hit me. I usually do speedwork on the track Friday mornings and I love the sessions. I had promised an athlete I would go and do a gait analysis on him, so I dragged myself to the track. I managed to do a bit of work and run a few laps and had to call it a day. Which also meant I was missing my swim. Saturday was not much better. I woke up still not feeling well and decided to miss my Saturday AM swim. By Saturday night I was feeling better and headed to the annual Cochrane Ironman party. A few drinks later, and it felt like I didn't have a cold at all. We watched the yearly video which Ken did a great job of and danced the night away. When it was finally time to go Susi and I ran to her car and then it happened. Bam! I went down on the ice. It didn't hurt at the time but, I sure can feel it now! The next day we suffered through a swim. Talk about punishment! We then went to spin and I had a flat. I decided it was a sign and went home to rest. Today I had a swim and run. Ang and Ken met me at the track to run and then we headed to the pool. Ken got in and Ang and I sat on the side for a few minutes. Until......we finally decided to hit the hot tub! I know! We did! We laughed and giggled as we could not believe we were skipping a workout. We usually swim in the mornings and now I know why. Well, I will take it easy for the next few days as my parents will be in town and enjoy the down time from training and hope to come back stronger after a break.

No comments: