February 12, 2009

Stressed Out

Ok, I am not referring to my mental state here, but rather my legs. As many people know, I have a stress fracture in each of my tibia's. My friend Sara who is a physio got my records and luckily it did only say minor (that is good news). So, I took a full week off of nothing (yes NOTHING!) and have water run and swam - with a pull buoy this week. I am being good and staying off the bike for another few days; for those who know my obsession with biking - this is killing me! I can't even fathom when I will be allowed to run again but, it is better to take care of this injury now and allow it to heal fully so I am not off this race season. I have learned over the years that when you are injured you have to rest and let the injury heal before you get back to it. The only reason I know is I have not done this in the past and paid dearly for it in the way of missing a race season.

So, I am freaking out but staying off my bike. It is killing me but patience now will set me up for a good race season. Not much new other than that but I promise I will try to blog more often as I used to.

Train smart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not that I have a bike obsession, but I know all about injury. I hope you heal fast so you can get back out there.