February 3, 2009

Update (yes, I know - finally!)

As you know I have been very busy. Here is a quick update on what has been going on:
  • I have some shin splints (again, I repeat as I have done this and said it before, do not add random run workouts into your program; coach gives you a tongue lashing! and then you get injured). I will be on the darn elliptical for the next 2 weeks.
  • I did my VO2 max test yesterday on the bike. Hit 250 watts. In my mind before the test started I figured I would hit 240 watts. So, when I hit 240 watts I wanted to stop. If I had not mentally defeated myself I may have gone higher. But, I did get my HR up to 189! I got my test done at FRESH! Fitness with Tim Borys. VO2 max test are extremely valuable to help you with your training to ensure you are training right. As before, the FRESH! staff was outstanding and I highly recommend getting your test done through them. Although I did tell Tim I hated him at 240 watts - that was the high HR talking.
  • I am coaching swimming for the Cochrane Red Rock Runners on Monday nights. A great group who have welcomed a new coach part way through the season with open arms.
  • Coaching spin at TriIt is going great. A fantastic group who keep me laughing and shaking my head. I invite any of my friends to come check out a class. Wednesday nights with tension on the pedals at 6:30 sharp.
  • The preparations for the Pool to Path Aquathon in Cochrane on June 7th are going great. For more info visit Team TriLife.
  • My new bike is on it's way - it's like freakin' Christmas. How many more sleeps?
OK, that's all I have time to write for now and I figure at least I got a few things in.

Take it easy and train smart!
Richelle

No comments: