September 10, 2009

Ironman Canada - leading up to the race

The few days leading up to Ironman are very busy. You always have some thing you should be doing or could be doing! It is a fine balance between doing everything you need, some of the things you want and resting. I tried to do my best not to do too much and stay out of the heat. There are lines wherever you go and like I said always someone wanting you to do something, or something you should or could do.

Here is my attempt at doing as what I needed to do and a few things I wanted to (in a very short recap):


Wednesday
-worked at Tri It until late afternoon
-flew to Kelowna and drove with Kori and Mike to Penticton
-checked into the hotel and tried to organize the mass of gear and stuff I brought with me
-went to Salty's for late night snack and chat with Annie


Thursday
-open water swim
-stood in line to get race package (almost 1.5 hours)
-stood in line to get free Crocs (almost 1.5 hours)
-went back to hotel to relax and again try to organize gear and start organizing gear bags!
-went to dinner with Annie


Friday



















-did the underwear run
-rode my bike and went for coffee
-went for lunch with Peter, Elaine, Sarah-Jane and Jeff C.
-attended the IMC pre-race dinner and meeting (couldn't stop thinking....WOW! I am really going to do an Ironman in 2 days!

Saturday







-met the team for a swim (that I did not do so I just talked to everyone who was on the beach) and a team meeting; we talked about Terry and shed a few tears
-finalized all of my gear bags
-Jeff worked on my bike and got it working perfectly!
-put my bike and my 2 gear bags in transition (swim-bike and bike-run
-went to the IMC expo with Jeff
-drove around looking for lip moisturizer/sunscreen as I had lost mine
-made dinner and had dinner at hotel with Jeff (thank goodness for the kitchenette)
-bed!

No comments: