September 15, 2009

Short Hair - what was I thinking!

OK, so ever since I had cut my hair shorter before I went to Australia this year, I have really liked my shorter hair. It was chin length so not too short but definitely not long. And no more freakin' ponytails! So, before Ironman I wanted to cut it short but, my friend Lyndsey Clapperton convinced me to do pigtails for the race (which I did and loved!). But I really wanted to try even shorter; inspired by Tracy McQuillan - a friend/training buddy also on Team Tri Life who simply rocks her short hair. So last week I decided it was time to be brave and go short.

Well, I kinda like it but am really unsure. I maybe didn't want to go this short but here I am! I finally was brave enough to get Jeff to snap a few pictures at the request of many of you. So, here are the pictures of my new short hair. As my mom said, "hair grows".

And if you do have any styling tips, please let me know! I simply can't figure out how the heck I am supposed to style it yet!



2 comments:

kelsey said...

first: It looks adorable! I love it.
second: short hair is more about attitude then anything. You have to rock it
third: styling? Short hair is about scrunching and throwing is some pomade (sp gunky stuff) and letting it do it's thing

But most importantly it looks awesome

Julie said...

Hey Richelle -- I haven't actually "met" you yet, but we do share friends!

First off - you look really great with short hair -- you know how on America's Next Top Model, the models get a makeover and they look so beautiful, but some think they look ugly? You look GREAT!

Listen to Kelsey -- she knows what she is talking about. I have short hair too, have had it for YEARS, and am now having one more kick at the pony-tail thing. I'm growing mine out slowly.

Maybe it's that the grass is always greener, eh? Hee-hee!