November 13, 2008

Changes

How things change. I have decided that I am no longer going to do Ironman Australia. I have put my pride aside (of the fact that I have told so many people I am doing it) and listened to my wonderful coach and a few other people who I respect greatly such as Greg Bradly. Ironman is a big commitment and the chance of jeopardizing the rest of my season and burning myself out just wasn't worth it. And spending 6 hours by myself in my basement on my trainer! It is the right decision but, I am hoping to still go to Australia and do an Olympic distance race on the Gold Coast (no, not Age Group World's; although I did qualify!).

Another change is that I am now coaching a drop-in spin session on Wednesday nights at Tri It. Not everyone can commit to a weekly spin session and this gives people the opportunity to try out a spin class or sneak one in when they can.

That is about it for now. Maybe more changes to come.... guess you will have to check back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say that's a good decision.
I might just drop by for a Wed spin once this marathon thing is over. 10 more days!!
alan