November 19, 2008

Like the Tasmanian Devil

Is it the Tasmanian Devil off of "Loony Toons" that spins around in circles everywhere he goes? That is what I feel like these days! Don't get me wrong, life is good.....just really busy! I have to write down every thing I have to do because if I don't, I am onto the next thing and I forget what happened 5 minutes ago. I apologize to all my friends whose emails I have not returned and whose calls are still parked on voicemail. Please don't hate me; I am just really busy...Tasmanian Devil busy, actually!

On a side note, training is going great! My plantar faciitis is a tad sore but the bike is phenomenal and I had a breakthrough at swimming this morning. I was doing a set of 4 x 100's at the hardest pace I could go in the pool. I usually hit around 1:40 for this. I went on my first set and hit 1:34 (29 stroke count/lap). I couldn't believe I hit in the 1:30's. I was ecstatic! My friend Chris pointed out I was not pausing during my stroke and simply taking too many strokes. I agreed but I have always had a high stroke count. He gave me some quick pointers and I went again The sets ended up looking like this:
Set 1 - 1:34 (29 stroke count/lap)
Set 2 - 1:34 (22 stroke count/lap)
Set 3 - 1:34 (23 stroke count/lap)
Set 4 - 1:37 (23 stroke count/lap) - with a pullbuoy
I am on cloud nine and I feel like something clicked in the water today. I know I can replicate this again as I get it now.

Ok, back to whirling around I go.

1 comment:

runningman said...

Hi again, awesome swimming keep it up!!