November 6, 2008

Lesson Learned

When your coach tells you not to add workouts.....you should listen! I have been feeling good and chomping at the bit to do more than my wonderful coach has scheduled lately. Part of it could be that I don't know what to do with myself when I only have 1 workout in a day. So, this week almost daily I added either a bike or a run. Nothing too long really - just short workouts but adding workouts. I woke up today feeling tired. I had a brick to get done. I suffered through the bike and could not give my pedals the power that I should have. Secondly, my darn heart rate would not get to where it was supposed to! I tried but I was just too tired. I got off my bike and headed outside to get my run in. I wanted to run just 15 minutes but had to get through 45 minutes! I suffered but tried not to let it show....until... the last 20 minutes. For one all I could think about was coffee, eggs and toast, and two, I was tired! I even walked up a "hill" (it was actually more of a bump). I made my way back home and finished. For the rest of the day I have been dragging. I do know if I hadn't tried to be a rock star and ignore my coach I would be fine. Lesson learned! I plan to sleep in tomorrow and only do the workout on my calendar.

2 comments:

Susi said...

dude! you WALKED up the bonus hill?! that's sacreligious. haha.

LISTEN TO YOUR COACH!! :P

Jenna said...

no...you didn't?? YOU BAD!!