April 1, 2009

Busy Day in Brisbane

I woke up early and puttered trying to get my luggage sorted out. We then gathered our things and headed out for a run before the heat of the day hit.  Finally after 9 weeks of no running I am able to start slowly running again! It was so nice and warm I was loving it - I wanted to run forever - I really miss marathon training. We ran along the river path and Carole had to constantly remind me to stay to the left (in Canada we would stay to the right).  We ended up at a great coffee shop and the girl looked at me oddly when I asked for a coffee; Carole had to explain to me that they don't just brew coffee you have to have a specialty drink. OK, twist my arm,  I'll have a latte. It turned out to be the best latte I have ever had and we even got fresh squeezed apple juice.

We meandered back home, I collected my swim gear and walked to the university (University of Queensland) for a swim - unfortunately leaving Carole behind to study.  The pool is a 50m outdoor pool and it was a perfect temperature. It was 28 degrees out and I had a great workout.  After I finished, I got out and chilled on the grass eating my post-workout snack. I then headed back to Carole's. We ate a big lunch and headed into Brisbane via the Cat. We made our way to the Story Bridge for the bride walk. Did I mention I am afraid of heights? As we headed up my legs were starting to shake but, as we climbed higher I actually started to relax. The views of Brisbane were spectacular!!!!!

Today it has been pouring rain!!! There are floods on many of the highways so we delayed heading to Port Macquarie until tomorrow. We are heading down the coast to watch Ironman Australia. I am so excited to go see. Some of the big names racing on Sunday are Tim DeBoom and Chrisssy Wellington. Although we wanted to be racing and are not, it will be a great weekend. I am always happy racing or watching any triathlon and love being around all the hype of Ironman. I will try to blog but may not be able to until we get back from Port Macquarie

Until then....









1 comment:

Runner Leana said...

Yay, so glad you were able to get out and run! I'm so envious of you getting to swim in an outdoor pool. Hope you enjoy watching Ironman over there this weekend!