October 2, 2008

3 days to go

OK, I admit it. I am cranky! I 've got the taper "blahs". Yesterday I took the entire day off from exercising! I was more than happy to walk Kita so I could at least get moving! Today I got to go for a short run. My legs felt heavy but, my watch and foot pod said otherwise (which I was happy and relieved about). Jeff and I ran errands and went for coffee which lifted my spirits to spend some time with him. He has been brilliant and patient with putting up with me. Then one of my athletes, whom I saw yesterday, called today to tell me she had a violent stomach flu! OMG! I really hope I do not get it!

I leave tomorrow for Portland to run the famous Portland Marathon. Thanks for all the well wishes and support! I feel like no matter what I do on that course, I have so many loving friends who will be happy for me. It makes it a little less scary!

And, as you can tell by the clock below, yes, I am doing Ironman Australia. The only reason I agreed to this madness is so Carole who is living in Brisbane, and I can spend some quality time together and finally get to race together. It is crazy! I do not deny that for a second! And, I do realize there will be many, many , many hours on the trainer but, I will call upon you all to come for a ride. I figure when I am doing 6 hours on the trainer, I can convince several people to come at different times of the day to get me covered. Ha! Well, that is the plan; we will see if it works out.

OK, off to bed early (but not before Grey's Anatomy) as I am very tired and have a 6am flight to catch!

1 comment:

Susi said...

Have a great time in Portland! Very cool that you are doing IMAus. I was thinking of doing that one too - but Cozumel won out, haha.