October 31, 2008

Klutzy Richelle

I am feeling pretty well recovered from my marathon now and was starting to get back into the regular routine, starting to run pain free and push hard on the bike when something tightened in my shoulder and neck. And when I say tight I mean can hardly turn my head without pain shooting into my neck and shoulder tight! It hurts so much to look even attempt to look left; which has made driving interesting as it hurts to shoulder check.

I finally went to see my favorite chiro, Dr. Bryan Myles! I saw another chiro the other day but, nothing seemed to release or get better. I love Dr. Bryan because he "beats me up" and always manages to fix me. Seriously! And if you ever have any issues, go see him at Balanced Health & Sports Therapy. Everytime I feel pain or have an injury I go see Bryan and he always knows how to fix it. He is one of the best chiro's around. He calls me a wimp sometimes but, we both know I am tougher than the football players he treats. Anyways, back to the story. I went to see Bryan and he could tell right away I had a rip out of place. He asked me if I had fallen......hmmm....Nope. Oh wait....the other day when I was with my run clinic I dropped back to see how the girls at the back who were happily chatting were doing. I clearly didn't notice the dip in the sidewalk for someone's driveway - need i say more!? I did manage to catch myself so I didn't completely end up sprawled out on the groud, and oddly enough the next day is when the trouble with my shoulder and next appeared. Mystery solved! NOTE: Mom stop laughing - yes, I am still your klutzy daughter! Luckily, Bryan treated me and I know I will be feeling better by tomorrow or Sunday!

So training is going OK in terms of getting back to it with this little glitch. I did do my first brick in a long time the other day and it was wonderful! I love bricks! And, the Bow Cycle class is back on with Team Tri Life ( http://www.teamtrilife.com/html/spin_classes.html ) and I might even be teaching it this upcoming Tuesday.

No comments: