October 19, 2008

Swim, Bike and Run!

On Thursday I got back to training! I did an easy 45 minute bike on Thursday, an easy 1/2 hour run on Friday, and an easy 2000m swim on Saturday. When I say easy, I mean easy but that is OK. It was a great way to remind myself that I am a triathlete. During the run I was so excited, I smiled the whole time. It felt so good to be back running as almost 2 weeks off was torture for me. I am excited to again have run dates with my friends (so call me if you wanna run!) and run with my run clinics at work again. I have run clinic tomorrow morning and the girls have been asking when I can run again. It has been sad that I haven't been able to run with them either as I wave good-bye and say "have a good run" on those mornings. But that is behind me now and I am back running!

Then today I had an interval bike. It was a high cadence set however, I just can't seem to push the gears or cadence that I was last year. Not that at this point in the year I should be surprised. My heart rate soared and my quads felt tight when I got off the bike. I smiled; I love that feeling! I know there are at least some of you out there reading this that do agree with me.

So, with 6 months until Ironman Australia I will slowly ramp up my training and get back to it!

No comments: